the film blog that's officially banned by the Chinese government!

22 May 2011

LIMITLESS: meh!

LIMITLESS is the first time Bradley Cooper's had to carry a film on his own and he does ok. In fact, ok just about sums up this movie. Everything about it is alright.
I neither hated nor loved this thriller about a drug that can open up the unused 90% of the human brain, giving the taker an incredible advantage in almost every facet of life. I felt reasonably entertained but never fully engaged. Cooper's a likeable enough leading man but he couldn't get me to invest in his character.
It was a treat to see Robert de Niro doing more than simply going the motions in some overblown unfunny comedy (the whole Fockers franchise) or ill-advised drama ('Rightous Kill'), but overall LIMITLESS is the kind of film I can take or leave.
I didn't feel it cheated me out of 100 minutes of my life but I wouldn't have missed anything if I'd invested that time elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment